Monday, November 30, 2009

In the beginning... (part deux)

Visitor's Business Adult!

I figured I'd share with everyone my story of getting into the collection business a bit more. I was a lurker on 4chan's /u/ for a while. One day, a manga from Kurogane Ken appeared, untranslated. I had previously seen /u/ translate the KonaKaga piece Cicada Drizzle, and thought this time around: I'll help out! I had no experience with editting images and had very limitted knowledge of the Japanese language: not much more than being able to read the pronunciation of hiragana.

My saving grace that day was the translator, Kaminos, who was quite bad at English — and to my knowledge, neither English nor Japanese were Kaminos' first language, which impresses me greatly. Thus, the position opened up for 'proofreader' to step in and make the translations coherant. Had it not been for that twist of fate, I would most likely not have started on the route to where I am now. If you ever feel the need to thank me, give a bit of thanks to Kaminos as well. And don't forget the great editor we had: AnonE.

There's a txt file stored in the link which only has a few changes that could be made to improve flow and such. I started to feel ashamed of the quality in some areas (though give me credit, it was my first time doing this type of thing), but not enough to learn how to edit pictures, so if anyone out there is willing to change the text a bit, I will make another blog showcasing it as well as give you credit. Sorry, that's really the best I can do...

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you decided to share your talents as a proofreader. =)
    Thank you for all your help.

    ReplyDelete